Location: Mt. Pleasant
Connect with Mike on LinkedIn
- Central Michigan University
- Oakland University
Certifications & Professional Affiliations
- Certified Public Accountant (CPA)
- Certified Financial Planner (CFP)
- Personal Financial Specialist (PFS)
- Member AICPA and MACPA
- Business tax preparation and planning
- Individual tax preparation and planning
- Investment and Financial Planning:
- In 2000, the firm formed RFM Financial Solutions, LLC to formalize their investment management practice of which Mike has been responsible for its operations. “For years, we had clients coming to us asking for our opinion on investments” explains Mike. “They trusted our advice and so we decided to elevate and expand our services to our client’s needs and requests. So we designed a unique approach to guarantee that our advice would always be in the best interest of our clients and that no outside influences such as commissions would impair our recommendations.”
- Past president and treasurer of the Mt. Pleasant Optimist Club
- Past board member and president of the Mt. Pleasant Country Club
- Served on the City of Mt. Pleasant Planning Commission for six years.
- Headed the resurgence of a golf fundraising event for the Central Michigan University Wrestling Program which has netted approximately $20,000 annually.
- Mike has been a frequent panel expert and recently been hosting the WCMU public television shows “Ask the CPA” and “Ask the Financial Planner.”
- Mike resides in Mt. Pleasant with his wife Laura who is a college rental property manager and an avid HGTV watcher. She can fix most anything and is not afraid to take on something new.
- Mike and Laura have three children, two sons Cale and Aaron and daughter Taylor, along with their myriad of pets.
- An avid golfer, Mike is always “tinkering” with his game. He has been very fortunate to have gone to The Masters golf tournament a couple years ago with his son Aaron and in the fall of 2010, played at one of the golf Mecca’s Pebble Beach with friends.
- Watching high school and college wrestling has become a passion since his son Cale and Aaron have wrestled at Mt. Pleasant High. Cale continued at the collegiate level at Case Western Reserve. Mike and his sons have traveled to the NCAA finals to follow the CMU Chippewas.
- Mike was an elder at the First Presbyterian Church of Mt. Pleasant and now attends the Mt. Pleasant Community Church.